With this pregnancy I didn’t need a missed period or test to tell me I was pregnant, my body did all the talking. Here’s my VERY early symptoms that screamed I was expecting my second bundle of joy.
1. My boobs doubled in size and I could give Pamela Anderson a run for her money. They also hurt so much, I couldn’t sleep on my front, my under wire bras were a massive no no and (tmi alert) my nipples were incredibly sensitive. I’m happy to say this symptom has eased since turning 12 weeks.
2. Exhaustion. I remember when I was pregnant with Max I suffered with fatigue but not quite as bad as I have in this pregnancy. My usual daily activities became such a chore and I found myself in bed the moment I put Max down for the night. I would literally sleep for 12 hours straight and still feel exhausted. I’m afraid to say I still feel like this 12 weeks on, running after a toddler all day really does take its toll.
3. Hot flushes especially at night. One minute I was hot the next cold. I’d wake up in the night sweating literally dripping in sweat (yuck) but then found myself freezing the moment I woke up, I just couldn’t win.
4. Thirst. I could not and still can’t get enough of water but it still doesn’t quench my thirst, unfortunately I’m yet to find a drink that does. I drink litres of water and still feel thirsty, I have to carry a bottle of water with me at all times.
5. Needing to pee all the time. This still hasn’t stopped, the moment I need to pee I have to make a sharp exit to the nearest bathroom. It must be an effect of all the water I’m drinking coupled with my uterus putting pressure on my bladder.
6. and finally of course the ultimate sign you’re pregnant, I missed my period!
With all these prominent pregnancy symptoms I knew it was time to take a test and almost straight away ‘pregnant’ appeared on the screen. I’m so excited to welcome our new addition next year and our official due date is 7th May 2016!
What were your very early pregnancy symptoms?