Looking after my car is top priority especially as I have two small children. The thought of breaking down on my own with the little ones absolutely terrifies me. Ignoring my car servicing light is something I used to do pre children but something I would NEVER ignore now. I’ve come to realise that if I look after my car it is less likely to break down and also save me money in the long run.
How much does a car service cost?
Roughly around £130 but it can vary depending on where you go, so you will need to shop around.
How often should you service your car?
To make sure your car is in the best possible condition it can be you should service it every year. You can always refer to your cars manual to be sure as sometimes it’s determined over how many miles you cover.
Different Types of Car Servicing
Interim Servicing is designed for high mileage drivers who drive over 20,000 miles per year. If you fall into this category you will need to have your car serviced twice a year but this wouldn’t include full servicing. An interim service is basically an oil change with a few basic maintenance checks that include tyre checks, faulty lights etc. Different garages will do different interim checks. If you’re unsure about what’s included definitely ask your local garage.
Full Service is a bigger scale of servicing that includes checks and service part replacements. This is for your average driver who doesn’t clock up extensive miles. The mechanic will inspect your car a lot closely and will also take your car for a test drive to make sure all is working well.
Your typical full service will include the following checks:
- oil and filter change
- new air filter
- new fuel filter (diesel engines)
- new spark plugs (petrol engines)
- extensive checks for leaks, wear and damage
- removal of wheels and brakes check
- brake fluid tested and replaced if needed
- reset service light
- tyres checked for wear, damage and signs of misalignment
- and much more..
Here are some advantages of having your car serviced regularly
- Having your car serviced will most likely catch an issue early which will save time and money.
- A well maintained car is more efficient
- You’ll be told whether your tyres are in good condition or need replacing. Poor conditioned tyres could mean you’re in a difficult situation where they can blow out or even worse cause an accident
- It will improve the life span of your car and maintain its value
Now that we’ve covered the importance of servicing and if you’re in need of a car service you can book your interim or full service with Iverson Tyres branch in Middlesex