My little boy, my first-born is starting school in September. I am in complete denial and shock that the big day, the day I lose Max to School is drawing nearer and nearer. He will enjoy it so much, he’s a sociable little character who just wants to make friends and play. There’s a little piece of me that realises that once he starts school I’ll lose him as each day go past. I’m going to be a school run mum, WHAT!
Going back to admission results day I remember checking my phone for the email and even logging into the borough website every hour refreshing the webpage in hope the results were there. We were at Legoland for Max’s birthday but that didn’t stop me checking! Once we had all got in the car I checked my phone again and OMG the results were in. I took in a deep breath (this all sound so dramatic ha) click the link for our outcome and there it was…
Max got his first choice of school..!
I literally screamed and I’m sure my husband thought something awful had happened. We got our school, the school that completely fits our child personality, a school where I can see him flourishing and enjoy learning. We’re so happy. The Richmond borough is notorious for how difficult it is for school admissions and we were in complete shock we got the school. Now we can breathe a little because it won’t be so hard for Emmie’s application, phew.
Now we have our admissions results, it’s now all about spending time together, cherishing the last 4 months we have to get up and do whatever it is we want to do. It’s crazy to think we will only have weekends and half term holidays to spend as a family or go and do fun mother and son activities together. Max and myself sat down before dinner and we drew up our ‘Before School Bucket List’ we’re hoping to do as many of these activities before Max starts school. I thought I would share our list just incase you’re in the same boat as us as I think many of my readers are..
1. Visit the beach. Ideally Cornwall but if that’s a little too far, we will check out Camber Sands.
2. Picnics in the park with sandwiches, sausages, crisps and ice cream. Pimms for the adults!
3. Strawberry picking and making jam together.
4. Explore London. Visit the science museum and go back to the British transport museum.
5. Stay up late for a movie night with popcorn and pizza!
6. Put together a photo album of Max’s first 4 years.
7. Buy puzzles and do the puzzles, just the two of us.
8. Head to the lavender fields to take before school photos.
9. Go to the cinema or theatre.
10. Trampoline park with friends.