Aveeno has always been a brand that I’ve reached for especially as my skin can become quite dry. So when they invited me and Emmie to their new Dermaxa range launch I jumped at the chance. The launch was hosted by the gorgeous This is Mothership duo and located in one of London’s new hot spots, Petersham Nurseries.
We were treated to the most amazing breakfast spread that included pastries with figs and raspberries, juices and yummy foccia bread. On the tables we were left to test/try the products. We also had a talk with a leading childrens skincare expert, we discussed ways to help keep your baby comfortable when dealing with dry itchy skin. It also became quite apparent that Aveeno is great for children with excema.
Interesting fact: If you’re child doesn’t develop excema by the age of two it is very likely they will never suffer from it!
Now onto the skincare range. The Dermaxa range has been proven to improve the condition of dry skin. It is formulated with naturally active colloidal oatmeal or oat extracts, the range is a fabulous option for very dry skin to itchy skin. You can choose the product that best suits your skin, there really is something for everyone.
The three products available in this range are –
- Fast & Long Lasting Balm. This balm moisturises intensely to help reduce itchy sensations and helps restore the skins natural barrier. As a mum who has to wash her hands multiple times a day this product is great to have dotted around the house! My hands always get so dry in the winter months. I’ve also popped one in my handbag for the littles when we’re out and about.
- Daily Emollient Body Wash. A gentle cleanser that washes away dirt without leaving your skin dry, leaving your skin stays super moisturised. Use daily for best results.
- Daily Emollient Cream. This product will moisturise, soothe and help strengthen the skin barrier. I have to say this product is by our favourite. The kiddies hate being moisturised usually but with this product they haven’t minded at all and if anything this product along with a gentle massage has helped them sleep a lot better! This cream is best applied daily and on clean towel dried skin.
Each product is –
- Unscented, paraben free and fast absorbing
- Suitable for the whole family
- Also suitable for people who may have prone to eczema skin
- Accepted by the National Eczema Association
If you’re interested in trying the new range you can pick yours up from most leading supermarkets and shop. I have to say we have been so impressed by the Dermaxa range and I am definitely going to stock up for the cold winter months. Have you used any Aveeno products before?